2nd Call for Paper
The LSP-GABC 2018 conference is happy to announce the 2nd call for paper. Deadline for abstract submission has been extended to 28th Feb 2018. Authors are invited to submit electronically abstract of papers in English and Bahasa Melayu not exceeding 300 words (excluding references). Please include a maximum of four (4) keywords. All abstracts will be blind reviewed. Full papers will be included in the conference proceedings and/ or selected journals.
Papers are welcome within, but not limited to, the scope of the conference. Submission can be done at seminar.utmspace.edu.my/lspgabc2018 or https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=lspgabc2018 or emailed to email@example.com.
- Parallel papers
- Poster Presentation
- Postgraduate Student Research Presentations
Outstanding Paper and Best Poster Awards
Three (3) papers and one (1) poster will be selected for the Outstanding Paper and Best Poster Awards.
Language of presentations:
- Bahasa Melayu
Conference strands:Language Teaching and Learning:
- Language for Specific Purposes - LSP
- English for Specific Purposes - ESP
- English for Academic Purposes - EAP
- English for Occupational Purposes - EOP
- Computer Mediated Communication - CMC
- Computer Assisted Language Learning - CALL
- Teaching Methodology
- Materials Design and Adaptation
- Curriculum and Syllabus Design
- Testing and Evaluation
- Adult Learning
- 21st Century Learning
- Distance Learning.
Communication / Business Communication:
- International Managerial Communication
- Global Integrated Marketing Communication (IMC)
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Global Communication Strategies
- Sustainability and Business Ethics
- Languages for Institutions
- Communication Issues in Entrepreneurship
- Innovation Management
- Innovative Pedagogy
- Intercultural / Interpersonal Communication
- Nonverbal Communication
- Organizational Communication
- Paradigm Shifts in Communication
- Discourse and Genre Studies
- Corpus Studies
- Interactional Sociolinguistics
- Text and Talk
- Critical Discourse Analysis
Call for Participation
Over the last few years, the LSP-GABC has been a platform for the discussion of research findings and dissemination of information on research trends, usage, and teaching and learning in the areas of language for specific purposes and business communication. The gathering enables participants to be stimulated to write, research, and discuss with others from all over the globe who are interested in language for specific purposes and business communication. Previous LSP-GABC conferences have also provided students and individuals working in the public and private sectors with various views and perceptions on the linguistic and communicative competency required to cater to professional demands and situations.
But, even if you are not presenting, we welcome you to the conference as participants. So, come and join us for the 2 ½-day conference with diverse and engaging discussions on language for specific purposes and business communication. We will have experts in the fields of language and business communication, both locally and globally deliberating on the theme of the conference “Empowering Future Talents through Language and Communication”.